Thursday, August 18, 2011

So many opportunties

I want this blog to make a case for music lessons for kids because there are so many opportunities that carry on into adulthood that your child can do with his/her music.  Just in the past one week I could highlight:

-two summer concerts in the park that Josh and I played in (3500 people in Plymouth)
-serving at Oak Pointe Milford campus for worship
-filling in for  band at the 707 youth group service last night
-starting a company with a friend that will focus on wedding/funeral/corporate holiday party music
-my own personal enjoyment practicing each night after the kids go to bed (I'm working on ear training and voicing... picking out a Norah Jones tune, some Paul Simon, and an Israel Houghton piece)


But the coolest opportunity came through a friend who let me know of a neighbor who was selling a beautiful piano for $200.  Through a series of phone calls with moving companies that piano now sits at Nana's and today I was able to give my 7 year old niece and 9 year old nephew their first piano lessons!


 
Within 30 minutes these two were actually playing pieces!  I'd say this was my best music moment of the week.

After this we played some hide-and-seek outside.  J's hiding spot may have caused some permanent damage to the landscaping.......


3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for your desire to teach piano to my kids! I think it's a great opportunity for them both. Thank you so much for everything you do Ginny!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..this is the first that I've seen this. How sweet. I miss the days of the lessons. :(
    Since I've always had a desire to play I think you (Ginny) should be coming out now and teaching ME! I love you and appreciate all that you do for everyone. ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww..this is the first that I've seen this. How sweet. I miss the days of the lessons. :(
    Since I've always had a desire to play I think you (Ginny) should be coming out now and teaching ME! I love you and appreciate all that you do for everyone. ~M~

    ReplyDelete